microGLEIT® Solid Film Lubricants
The Dry Alternative
A tribologically functional coating in which powerful solid lubricants are incorporated in a resin matrix is called ‘Solid Film Lubricant’ (or ‘Anti-Friction-Coating’, ‘AFC’s’ or ‘bonded solid lubricant’).
- microGLEIT® solid film lubricants are supplied as a liquid dispersion and can be applied to the surface of the component by using common paint application technologies.
- The contained solvent (H2O or organic) serves as a carrier liquid for resin and solid lubricants and enables film formation.
- The resin (or ‘binder’) also provides as most possible a cohesive connection to the component surface.
- Solid Film Lubricants are surface systems that reduce friction and wear and can complement or replace other wear protection systems.
- microGLEIT® has a very comprehensive expertise and many years of experience in this product segment.
- Bonded coatings are universally applicable and suitable for a variety of applications.
Tribological Applications of Solid Film Lubricants
- Dry lubrication of components made of metal or plastic – preferably at low sliding speeds – in different stages of operation:
‣ optimization of running-in,
‣ lifetime lubrication,
‣ in special operating conditions, e.g. operation in vacuum; oil or grease is undesirable for reasons of cleanliness;
- Hybrid lubrication – solid film lubricant plus oil or grease. The combination of oil-resistant solid film lubricant and oil or grease lubrication leads to a significant increase in performance of the system – in many cases synergy effects can be achieved. Such a hybrid system is particularly advantageous, indeed sometimes indispensable, for difficult running-in processes and highly loaded components in continuous operation.